Donald Trump’s rise from a realty star and a businessman who forayed into politics was a rise beyond anything someone could bargain for. His pitch to Make America Great Again resonated well among nationalists who preferred to look inwards into a globalized world, not understanding what repercussions it had.
Finally, come 2020, America decided to chose peace over hate, unity over divide, shared progress with human values of inclusivity and a America that has been loved for all the ages.
However, the racial divide which Trump promoted, the arbitrary twitter venting of anger, the ad-hoc decision making, ignorance of sentiments and the manner in which coronavirus was made a mockery for did not go well among the electorate.
But importantly, the Joe Biden victory could teach the Indian Electorate a lot of lessons. A few are as follows:
- Choose a leader who united people and not a leader who divides them.
- Encourage the growth of all, without killing the others socially and economically.
- Create an environment that promotes growth, progress and leadership beyond spectacle.
- Give up on issues of religion, color, race and focus on the true ideals of a leader, those like the dogmas created by Mahatma Gandhi, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and Sir Nelson Mandela
- Don’t vote for people who spread hatred, see you as a Christian, Hindu, Muslim and who also further classify you as a sub-caste. You are born on this earth as a special individual and that is all that matters.
- Use your brain and vote, not be swayed away by emotional sentiments and targeted marketing.
- Twitter and Facebook are unreliable platforms and you must understand that real life progress happens outside of this bubble.
- Collaborate with others, help them grow, enrich your life from a visionary perspective and don’t let the noise of others suppress your own inner voice.
- The future is not about the Congress or the BJP or any regional parties. The future is about your family, your children and their children’s children. So be smart and be wise.
Well said. Beautiful. Need to crave and cry for a united society to preserve and promote our culture and cult for our children and children’s children.